Our online volunteer will be live soon!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for NESCS18!
NESCS is a 2-day event with many moving parts. We rely on our volunteers to help make the weekend run smoothly! We will be visited by nearly 30 show choirs from throughout North America, including their performers, tech crews, band members, chaperones, volunteers, directors, choreographers, bus drivers, etc. Our many committees will be responsible for hosting these show choirs throughout the event.
- Box Office – Deb Marchese
- Security – Ellen Schneider
- Concessions/Sales – Dawn and Sal Ferreira
- Decorations – Ruth Cabrera
- Hospitality – Eileen Forgue
- Judges – Heidi Knepper
- Parking – Dennis Forgue
- Volunteer Schedule – Taejasvi Narayan, Jerra Verrette
Each AHS Vocal Music family is asked to commit to at least two shifts during NESCS18. Our online volunteer form will be live soon and our volunteer committee will arrange a master schedule as we get closer to NESCS18.
NESCS18 Volunteer Jobs and Shifts
- Hall Staff ensures that everyone is where they are supposed to be. All performers, staff, and spectators will have corresponding colored bracelets and hand-stamps to make this easy and hassle-free.
- Tech Crew supervises back stage activities and helps facilitate fast and efficient set and band changes between each group. Also helps assist other groups in bringing and storing their equipment and set pieces as well as helping them facilitate loading logistics at the end of the day.
- Box Office/House Staff sells tickets (if available – NESCS18 will sell out), checks in spectators, and assists in any ticketing needs.
- Sales Staff assists with concessions, merchandise sales, and photo booth sales.
- Hospitality Staff assists with green room needs, makes sure that green room stays clean and stocked with food and drinks, etc.
- Parking Lot Staff coordinates the logistics of incoming buses, equipment trucks, and spectator vehicles to where they need to go, ensuring that guests park in designated zones, etc.
- Registration Staff works with visiting directors and groups to get them checked in and prepared for their day with us.
- Judges Assistants ensures judges are taken care of, assists with any needs they may have.
- Food Staff with the supervision of ServSafe certified adults, will assist in the making of delicious food choices for our festival.
- Tear Down Staff will help with tear down of the event at the end of the night.
Thank you for your help with running this enormous event. Your participation is vital to the success of NESCS!